Well, another year has flown by, and we’re now deep in the midst of Holiday Season 2010!
Lots of new developments over the past few weeks over here, so I thought it was time for a new entry to get everyone up to speed…and awaaaaaay we go:
- March 2011 L.A. Gallery Show – I am very proud to announce the 3 artists that I have selected to be a part of my upcoming show at Hold UP Art Gallery in Los Angeles, opening Saturday, March 5, 2011! The artists are Sfaustina, Jeru Gabriel, and Allison Torneros! Not only are all three of them members of AOA, the artist collective I started in 2001, but each of their work has elements of theme, technique, and narrative that provide a balance along with the work I will be showing in the show. This upcoming exhibit will explore some pretty distinct areas of New and Urban Contemporary work, and I cannot wait for you to experience what the 4 of us have in store for you! For more information on the show, check out this previous blog entry I posted.
- January 2011 NYC Gallery Show – Coming next month in New York City: I am thrilled to be participating in the “Postcards from the Edge” charity exhibit taking place January 8-9, 2011, hosted by CRG Gallery! Postcards From the Edge is a Visual AIDS benefit show and sale of original, postcard-sized works on paper (4 x 6″) by established and emerging artists (some extremely well-known artists are taking part, such as Jeff Koons, John Baldessari, Ross Bleckner, Yoko Ono, and over 1500 more!). All works are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. The works are signed on the back and exhibited so the artists’ signatures cannot be seen. While buyers receive a list of all participating artists, they don’t know who created which piece until purchased. All proceeds support the programs of Visual AIDS. Visual AIDS utilizes art to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists, and preserving the legacy — because AIDS IS NOT OVER! For those of you that will be in NY, I hope you attend!
- *JUST ADDED* March 2011 Detroit Gallery Show – I will be exhibiting a new painting in “LYRIC – A Group Show” at Gallery 323 East in Detroit, MI, opening March 19th! This group show, curated by famed artist (and friend) Glenn Barr is a special “themed” exhibit. Music and its lyrics can always stimulate our emotions and it can have us contemplating a visional narrative. Lyrics have been known to be the fodder of some of the greatest works in the world. This exhibition will illustrate the artists personal transcription from a songs lyric to canvas, and each artist will be creating a special 12 x 12″ (LP album cover sized) work for the show!
- March 2011 Bristol, UK Museum Exhibit & Charity Auction – For info on the Mad Hatter’s Ball charity exhibit that I’ll be participating in at the Bristol City Museum benefitting Art Action for Kids, read this previous blog entry. I’m excited to announce that not one, but two pieces of mine will be included in this show (“Dime for a Dance” and “Red-Handed”), curated by Richard Scarry, executive director of Corey Helford Gallery in Los Angeles!
- New Painting – I’ve been painting like crazy for all the upcoming shows, as well as to replenish my own “inventory” with the new, more heavily layered style of work I’ve been digging into. The latest creation completed is entitled “blather. wince. REPEAT.”, a 24 x 30″ canvas (image & detail shots below). The piece is up for grabs and available on my website. Please E-MAIL ME directly for pricing and availability.
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season…2011, here we come!